It’s not actually about the freight “rate”. Sometimes in trying to reduce freight costs, people focus on the wrong things.
Understanding freight rates requires you to also look at rate structures and consignment profiles.
Because your freight carrier does!
Related articles on this topic have appeared throughout our website, check them out:
- 10 Freight Management Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Freight Benchmarking: What Is It? Why Do It?
- Why Containerised Freight Shipping is Daunting for SMEs
- The Challenge of Freight Container Utilisation and Why it Matters
- Container Freight Costs and Forecasting: Intrinsically Linked & Frustratingly Challenging
Editor’s Note: The content of this post was originally published on Logistics Bureau’s website dated September 20, 2023, under the title “Freight Rates & Reducing Your Logistics Costs“.