Supply Chain Fundamentals
So many people are focused these days on the new emerging technologies and systems and some of the businesses are ready to embrace them but here’s a tip: Don’t forget the fundamentals!
- Making sure your distribution network is aligned appropriately
- Making sure you got a supply chain strategy that’s appropriate and works and is understood
- Making sure you understand customer and product profitability
- Making sure that you are adopting good sales and operation planning processes
- Managing your inventory correctly
- Managing your outsourcing contracts correctly
A number of businesses that I come across day-to-day still have big gaps in all of these fundamentals. Step up and make a difference.
Do please comment with any questions and don’t forget to subscribe.
Check out the other links below. There are lots of my sites that have blogs and why not connect on social media?
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2019, under the title “Supply Chain Fundamentals” in Logistics Bureau’s website.