6 Reasons to Get Excited About a Supply Chain Career
While there might be any number of reasons why you visit Rob’s blog, there’s a good chance that if you’re a regular visitor, you have more than a passing interest in logistics and supply chain matters. Perhaps you’re considering a career in supply chain and have been following Rob’s posts here and on his business blogs as part of your research.
Why Choose a Supply Chain Career?
Strangely enough, while there are plenty of resources online documenting supply chain theory and practice, precious few explain the benefits of becoming a practitioner. With that in mind, it seemed like a good idea to list the reasons why a supply chain career is definitely something to get excited about. If the following six reasons don’t entice you to become a supply chain practitioner, they may at least give you further food for thought.
- It’s a great introduction to global commerce: Thanks to the Internet, companies large and small can do business across international borders. As a result, many supply chains today operate on a multi-national or even global basis. A supply chain career, therefore, is a great idea if you have plans to experience work and life in countries other than your own.
- There’s never a dull moment: A supply chain career offers a wide variety of working activities. Supply chain practitioners rarely suffer from boredom due to the fast pace and ever-changing aspects of the business. This is true of most supply chain roles, so if you’re worried about your career becoming dull and routine, trust me; your concerns will soon be dispelled when you take on your first supply chain role.
- There’s no shortage of career opportunities: The number of available supply chain and logistics positions is growing. If you want to work in a supply chain career, you can. It doesn’t matter to what degree you are educated or what your strengths are, there are positions for all comers. You must simply be prepared to start off in a role that matches your capabilities and work hard to progress.
- Salaries are on the rise: As supply chain and logistics operations continue to grow in importance, so too do the salaries paid to professionals in the field.
- Abundant opportunities for advancement: As mentioned in point 3, career opportunities abound in supply chain. So too, do the pathways by which you can advance from an entry level position. In fact, the only limit to how far you can progress is the extent to which you’re prepared to take control of your professional development.
- Supply careers are everywhere: Wherever you are located, you shouldn’t have to look far in your search for companies that employ supply chain professionals. You can begin your career without worrying about the need to relocate, work away from home or endure a long commute every day.
Are You Excited Yet?
Hopefully this brief post has given you a few reasons to get excited at the prospect of a supply chain career. If you already work in a supply chain or logistics role, we’d love to know if you agree with the points in this post and what excites you the most about the job you do. Please feel free to leave a comment or two.
Email or +61 417 417 307